September 8, 2011

Kade's 2nd Birthday

I have SO SO SO much to catch up on but I am going to go in order so I don't forget anything!

On August 26th, Kade turned 2! He has been such a joy these past two years, and Byan and I say all the time we can NOT believe he is two years old. His birthday was also the last day that we were a family of three. I have been planning our "last family date" for weeks now and it was suppose to be on Sunday the 28th. I was trying to think of the perfect day and none of my ideas seemed good enough. It is crazy to me how much we are not in control and it turns out that Kade's birthday was the absolute PERFECT day that I had been trying to plan. I mean I seriously could not have planned a better day to spend with my 2 boys.

Bryan decided to stay home and eat breakfast with us since it was little man's birthday. Bryan hasn't stayed home for breakfast with us in who knows how long, he always goes to work so early. So we woke up and cooked some cinnamon rolls and woke Kade up with two candles in his cinnamon roll singing happy birthday. The smile on his face was HUGE!! Bryan stayed while Kade opened his presents. We got him an art easel with all the supplies and he LOVED it! Bryan left for work and Kade and I painted, colored, and drew all morning long. I had a doctors appointment at 11, so we got dressed and headed to the appointment. Bryan was able to go to this appointment. He had only been to two prior appointments with me and since this was my last one before Ella I wanted him to come along. Appointment went great and Kade was super excited about playing with Dad in the waiting room! After the appointment we went to eat lunch at Chic fil a, and enjoyed an ice cream treat afterwards! Kade and I came home and both took naps and got ready to go swimming at Nanny and Pappy's that night. The whole family came over to swim to celebrate little man's birthday, we ate pizza and swam all night!!

It was the BEST day. We very rarely get to see Bryan for breakfast or lunch on a workday, and on this day we got to do both! And then we finished the day by swimming and pizza at my parents. I COULD NOT have planned a better day with my little family to celebrate our little guy turning 2.

On a side note, Kade just had his two year well visit and he is right on track! They told us that his vocabulary and communication skills were really strong for his age, which made both of us so happy since he was a late talker! He did so great with the dr and doesn't have to get anymore shots until he is 4!!

Here are his 2 year stats:

Height: 35 3/4inches (85th percentile)
Weight: 27lbs (25th percentile)
Head: 49.2cm (60th percentile)

Perfectly proportioned little boy and they said they think he will be tall like Daddy!!





















0 comments:

Post a Comment