May 23, 2012

Saying goodbye to Daisy Ln


I have a knot in my stomach as I write this post.  I have always believed that your house is much more than the place where you live, or seek shelter. It is your home. The place where you live your life, where your family’s story plays out. I believe that your home should tell who you are, and our home on Daisy Lane does just that. My family began here, this house, this HOME built my family. It shaped who we are. We started here as two and are leaving as four. More memories have happened inside these walls that I could have ever imagined. It is hard to say goodbye. I feel like we are losing a part of us, losing a family member. I can’t even put into words how emotional I am to say goodbye. And in 24 hours we hand over the keys. (Well technically just sign the papers, and then lease back for a week but you know still emotional). I am excited about our new house, but I still can’t seem to wrap my head around the fact that we will no longer be living here. As I look back at how my family was molded in this home, I get teary eyed. I want to go from the beginning.

This home begins with Bryan and I, two almost newlyweds who wanted a ‘fixer upper’ home. The moment we stepped in Daisy Lane they knew this was IT. The projects were endless. The entire house needed to be updated. It was exciting, scary, and nerve-wracking. Shortly after purchasing the house we got married, went on our week long honey moon, and giddily drove home so excited to finally live together. The day after the honeymoon we dove in head first on the renovations. There were times when dishes were done in the guest bathtub, dinner was cooked in the microwave on the floor of the living room, and we had to walk outside just to get to our master bedroom. It was fun, but it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. It was FAR from that. We spent the first 6 months of our marriage in a very stressful situation. But we made it, and ended up on the other side with a new kitchen, bathroom, back patio, new fixtures, and fresh paint throughout the house.  The little projects were never ending, but the big stuff was finished. We lacked out master bedroom and bathroom, but at the time we didn’t have the patience or the funds for that. We finally finished our master bedroom and bathroom about three years later. 

Two years later we welcomed our precious Kade into our lives. We spent the previous 9 months clearing out a guest bedroom, carefully selecting nursery furniture, painting, and getting everything perfect for our little guy’s arrival. We sat in our living room and watched as Kade crawled for the first time and a short several months later took his first steps. We watched as he grew into his own person. Two years and one day after we became parents for the first time, our sweet Ella was born and rocked our world. When we found out we were having a girl, we painted the guest bedroom ballerina pink! And spent several months getting her nursery ready, making it as girly as possible!

It was in this house we figured out our roles as parents, and got more comfortable in our new roles as mom and dad. We went from two to four in just 4 short years. We completed our family in this house. Our home on Daisy Lane will always have a soft spot in my heart. It is where we began, and it has been a fun crazy ride ever since. 

Now for some before and after photos!


Before


After!


Before


After!


Before


After!


 Before

 
After!


Before
 

After!


Before


After!


Before
 

After!


Before
 

After!


Before
 

After!




0 comments:

Post a Comment