March 20, 2013

Kade- 3.5 years old

My sweet Kade,

 How is is possible that it has been three and a half years since I first held my precious boy for the first time? It feels like it was just yesterday. Time really does fly. Every time I think of how big you are now I get happy and sad. I love watching you grow, and I feel so fortunate that I am able to stay home and spend my days with you and Ella. You have to sweetest demeanor, but you are also very much a boy. It is the perfect balance. You are so easy going and just find the joy in everything that we do. You call your Daddy your best friend, but then you are quick to turn around and call me your best friend too. You love to help Daddy do "manly things" out in the yard or around the house. You mimic EVERYTHING he does. I love the bond that y'all have. But I know that deep down you are truly a mama's boy at heart, and I love that.

You do new things every day. You came up to me the other day to show me that you learned how to skip. And last night you showed me how you do a front roll and asked why you weren't in "nastics" anymore. You could drive your Gator outside for hours on end. You love to help me haul stuff to the front yard. You also love your balance bike. I am so impressed with you on your bike and so is everyone else who sees you! We think that a real bike will make a perfect gift for your birthday. You go to school twice  a week and you are thriving! Your classmates are all older than you, some by almost a year and you would never know. You are keeping right up with them and your teacher has nothing but positive things to say. The newest thing you are doing is writing your own name. Your letters are betting better by the day and now you  want to write your name everywhere! I can also tell that you are getting ready to really learn how to read. You want to know what everything says, how the letters sound, and if I will sound out words for you. I have several learn to read books stashed away for the summer. I have a feeling you will catch on quick! You are in swim lessons and you play soccer! Today in swim lesson you swam 5 ft underwater by yourself! I was beaming with pride. And you absolutely love soccer. You get so excited to play! And in three games so far, you have scored a total of 5 goals! You are AWESOME!

You love your sister as well. Goodness, y'alls relationship is fiery. Y'all play together all day every day and y'all also do your fair share of fighting. But I know that is normal siblings so I try to just let y'all do your thing. It melts my heart that first thing in the morning you want to know when Ella is going to get up because you want to play with her. You guys will be so close, I just know it!

Kade, you are my heart. And your daddy and I are so proud of you. More than you ever will probably every know. We love you to the moon and back!

Mama





0 comments:

Post a Comment