April 9, 2015

New York/30th birthday

Bryan and I slipped away for a few days when his parents were in town last week. It was soooooo nice to just relax and enjoy some time with my man and we are so thankful that Meme and Gdad held down the fort for us. We left Thursday morning and took the train to New York and enjoyed three wonderful days of sleeping in, good food, great shows, and pretty much just doing whatever we felt like. We travel often with the kids so to not have to be on any type of schedule was pretty amazing! 


I booked our hotel through Hotwire and used a mystery hotel because you could get a pretty good deal. It definitely didn't disappoint! I loved our little hotel! 


Our first day we went to the 9/11 museum and that night we went to see "An American in Paris." I loved the show, Bryan said it wasn't his favorite. ;) 


We used the half price ticket booth that day and got great seats for a great price! And another fun fact, Sarah Jessica Parker was sitting directly in front of us several rows up. I saw THE Carrie Bradshaw in New York! Hahah!!



The near morning we did a lot of walking, it was cold but so fun! Grand Central Station and the New York Public Library were just a few of the places we stopped in.




Friday night we saw Wicked. I saw it last summer with my mom and Hailey but I loved it and knew Bryan would too. He had read the books and was excited to see the show. He loved it and I was loved it just as much the second time around! 


Our last night we went on a night tour and if was freeeeezing. So we bought cheap, corny matching hats to keep us warm! 


Our last afternoon was really cold so we went back to the half price ticket booth and bought tickets to an off broadway play. We were in the first row! It was a comedy and pretty good! 


It was such a perfect getaway for us! When we got home on Sunday the kids with the help of Meme and Gdad had a surprise birthday party for me. They had balloon, banners, and even party favors! It was the cutest :) 


Bryan also had a yummy birthday cake :) 


He thought these candles were appropriate. Just wait until your birthday old man! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment