April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday

This year we actually went to church on Saturday evening instead of Sunday morning. I had big plans of pictures of the kids, with the kids, etc before church and as usual we were running late and I only have a few from dinner after church. And not even one with the entire family together! Ah well, such is life :)
We had an amazing Easter. I think the church sermon was of the best I have heard. I try not to go overboard with the Easter Bunny with the kids. Yes, there were a few gifts left behind by the bunny and we hunted eggs, but it feels very unnatural for me to talk about it. I want the focus of this holiday on the true meaning, the resurrection of Jesus. Easter is my favorite holiday and I believe in the history of our world there is not a greater event that has ever happened. I do not want all the "fluff" that comes with Easter to ever overshadow the true meaning for my family. Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins and beating evil by rising from the grave is the foundation of everything that matters in this world. I am blessed. I am saved through Jesus Christ and I want to celebrate that not only on Easter but every day as long as I live. I am truly humbled by His sacrifice.

























Sunday afternoon we headed over to Brad and Kristen's for an early dinner, egg hunt, and family time! We had the best time!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment