August 12, 2013

House hunting trip

Bryan and I spent 6 days in DC and Maryland house hunting for our new home! We had already narrowed it down to the area we would live so we spent a long day looking at every house on our list and I have to say it was rather depressing! Our budget is higher because cost of living is high but most of what we looked at was pretty shocking. But with all that said, we did find a house! It was top on my list beforehand and it was even better in person! I am really excited and the style of the house is SO me! It is our most move in ready home we have ever bought but it does need work in the living room and kitchen. And some wallpaper removed. But I can't wait! 



I don't love the outside in the pictures but I love it in person! 


It is on 2 acres and has a huge backyard that the kids are going to love!! 

On Saturday we made an offer, it was accepted the next morning, and the inspection was set for Tuesday (our last day there). So we had two days to enjoy a semi vacation! We went to Annapolis, Fredericksburg VA, walked up and down King St in Alexandria, walked around Georgetown, and just relaxed! 


Door to door, we are 45 min from the Capital! 


I have told anyone who plans to visit us that one of the places we will take them is Annapolis! I loved it and can't wait to go back! We are 45 min from here too! 


Adorable church on the road to our house! 


We stayed in Alexandria on King St. I love it here! 


This is what the majority of the roads look like. The trees are gorgeous! 


Georgetown! 


And one last thing, I have never ever been on an airplane with Bryan when the person in front of him doesn't lean back. He is 6'6, he barely fits and if there is one person laying back it is the person in front of him. This trip was no exception. I even took a picture to document it, I was laughing so hard! Luckily we were in an exit row so it didn't matter too much this time! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment