December 13, 2013

Home for the Holidays

A lot of our family and friends back home have asked to see pictures of our new house. We are finally finished with the renovations so here ya go. This post will be a mish-mosh of before and afters of our renovations as well as pictures of our Christmas decorations!

This is the only picture I can find of the front of the house so ignore the pumpkins. We hated the way this house looked in pictures and we almost didn't even look at it! The brick/siding mix was a huge turn off to us. But once we pulled up it didn't bother us AT ALL! We actually really liked it!


This was our kitchen when we bought the house.


And after! We took down the overhang cabinets, painted everything white, and had an island built. I LOVE IT!


Another before

 And after!




All we did here was change out the light fixture.


Sitting area before


After!


Before


After!

Keep in mind that the kids decorated the tree and I couldn't bring myself to change anything.



We didn't do anything in the dining room but I do have some plans for that light fixture.


Upstairs living room. 


Little E's room. She has this antique looking girly wall paper that I initially thought I was going to take down. But I actually LOVE it and am not touching it! 


Kade's room before

We painted it navy because we want to add wainscoting and crown molding after the first of the year. 



This is from when we first moved in but our backyard is the number 1 thing we love about the house! 

So there it is! Our humble abode! We both agree that if this house was close to family it would be our perfect house. It isn't anything special or fancy but it is comfy, cozy, and everything that we love in a home!



20 comments:

April said...

Your home transformation is stunning! I am dying over your dining room table! I have no room for one that big in my current house but one day that would be my dream! Stopping by from the KK link up. Merry Christmas!

http://cheathamblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-house-tour.html

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

What a gorgeous home you have. Thanks for all the before and afters, as I enjoyed all the "transformation" pictures. I like how you left the tree decorated as the kids did it. :) It's so cute like that. Lastly, your dining room chandy is so pretty. XOXO

Leslie said...

You have a STUNNING home. I love everything...from the kitchen remodel down to the kids decorating your tree. Happy to be a new follower!

Lauren @ My Slice of Life said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! Your countertops are exactly what I had in mind to kick our white kitchen cabinets up a notch! Thanks for sharing!

Mary Gray said...

Your remodels are absolutely fabulous! I love how bright you made everything!
What a cute kitchen space!

Elaine Welte said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Andrea - Momfessionals said...

WOW! What a huge difference! So light and bright!
Thanks so much for linking up!!!
:) Andrea

Erin said...

I love your white kitchen, the added island, the back splash and total transformation. It looks great! :)

The White House Baby said...

Wow, awesome kitchen transformation. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

You kitchen is gorgeous and I love your oven cabinets!

V @ X-tremely V said...

Your home is beautiful! Love all the renovations you have done :)

Brittany {Coleman Chronicles} said...

Beautiful kitchen! And what a dreamy backyard!!

Danielle said...

looooove the kitchen! so fresh & bright!

Hayley Chandler said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful!!! You definitely have a great eye. I love the brightness of the kitchen. It definitely opened the whole space up.

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

Your home transformation is stunning! I love how bright you have made it. It looks so cozy. Have a great day!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

I love before and after pics. Your kitchen is amazing!

Simply LKJ said...

Great kitchen transformation.

Hannah said...

Holy cow! Your house is amazing! You've done beautiful work to it. Your kitchen is like my dream kitchen :) Did you all do it yourself or did you hire a contractor? Beautiful work!

Melanie Smith said...

Beautiful! Love your style and decor!

Post a Comment