August 10, 2011

Living the life

Kade is so much fun right now. I really, really, really love this age. He was a tough newborn, but has turned into a really easy toddler. I love that he is talking so much and has so much to say. I figured it was time for a random post about what all he is doing and funny things he has said!

He has recently taken up singing and right before he falls asleep every night he goes through all the songs he knows, sings and claps for himself. Needless to say, Bryan and I's favorite past time is watching the video monitor at night and seeing his little performance. He can currently sings his ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Row Row Row your Boat, Happy Birthday, and we are working on Jesus loves me :) Our favorite thing he does is right before he starts Twinkle Twinkle Little Star he says, "Get your twinkles out!" and then raises his little hands and starts "twinkling" his fingers. It is so precious!

I guess I call Kade baby a lot, as in "Hi Baby!" or "Night Night baby!" and Kade has recently started calling me baby back. It is absolutely hilarious. He will say things like "let's go baby" and it cracks me up every time.  The other night the three of us were sitting down the street in the car because we had someone looking at our house (which is not for sale and probably needs a whole other post!) We had been sitting there for a while and Kade started saying, "Get out baby!" It made us laugh so hard because of the tone which he says it. He sounds like he is smooth talking all the ladies :)

I am avoiding potty training. I don't want to do it, I don't care if Kade shows signs that he is ready. I just wish I could hire someone to do it for me. He was taking care of business the other day and I knew that he was. After he was finished I asked him if he went poo-poo. He replied with "NOOOO!" I said "Kade, are you lying?" He let out a huge sigh and started shaking his head and said "yeah..." Totally caught me off guard and made me laugh, how does he know what lying is?!

I love this age and I want him to stay this way forever!!!!!

And because no post is good without a picture, enjoy this one! In this particular picture Kade had slept in until 9am and when he woke up he asked if he could drink milk and watch cartoons in mama's bed. Talk about living the life! Oh to be a kid again, life is so simple :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment