October 8, 2014

Disney World Day 1- Arrival and Magic Kingdom

We are home from the best trip ever. Everything about this trip was magical and we are all still on "Disney high." I admit, I was skeptical if we were Disney people before the trip but now that we are home I totally get why people are crazy over Disney! It was awesome, and perfect, and I want to relive the week over and over again. The best part of the entire week was watching the kids. It was magical and REAL to them and I will forever love the memories we made.

We drove to Richmond on a Friday and stayed the night at a hotel near the airport because our flight was really early on Saturday. At this point the kids still had no idea about Disney World. Friday night we surprised them with the news and while the initial reaction wasn't super enthusiastic after about 10 minutes they were jumping on the beds with excitement! THey just didn't totally get it right off the bat.

Saturday we were up bright and early to head to the airport. (Ella actually woke up at 2am because she was "too excited to sleep.") I think the excitement of the trip really started at the airport, 75% of our flight were families heading to DW so everyone was just so happy and excited!!


We were in Orlando by 9am and we boarded the Magical Express to the hotel!






After checking in to the resort it was off to check out our pirate room. It was awesome!




We dropped our bags and regrouped a little before we headed out to Magic Kingdom. This was sort of a bonus day. We knew we would be tired but we also knew we would be excited to get to the parks.



When Kade pointed the castle out to Ella she said "now thats what I'm talking about!" HAHA!
 




We grabbed lunch first thing and then made sure to let the kids pick out their autograph books. After that we were ready to go. First up were the tea cups. This is when the first magical thing happened. We got in line and ended up being the very first in the line. Right after the ride ended Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit decided to get on the ride. Being first in line we darted to get the tea cup next to them. They were adorable and the kids were so excited!. The ride was great and as we got off the ride Alice grabbed Ella's hand and walked off with her asking her if she would like to take a stroll. I turned into a child and was running and pushing people out of the way to take pics. I might have even yelled at a cast member who told me to slow down. But hey, I was excited. :) They walked down through Fantasyland for a bit and chatted about tea parties before Alice had to say goodbye. I tried to get Kade up there to hold her hand but he was SO nervous to talk to any of the girls that he hung in the back with Bryan.








After that we went and met Goofy and Donald. They were so funny!










We took a spin on Dumbo. I had some cute pictures of Bryan and Kade on dumbo but they are missing from my big camera. My firs three days of the trip are. I hope they are just on a card somewhere that I have misplaced!


We met Ariel in her grotto. This was a big deal for my mermaid loving girl. This meet and greet was one of my favorites, it was not rushed and you had her all to yourself in the grotto. Ella didn't waste a second and hopped right up there and talked Ariel's ear off and even sang to her. It was precious. As for Kade, he was hiding behind our legs. He loved meeting the characters that were in full costume like Goofy and Donald, but put a real person (like a pretty princess :)) and he was SO shy! He eventually went up there but was so nervous to talk to her. It was beyond adorable.


I don't know why but this picture makes me laugh. He was just so nervous, haha!







Taking a spin on Peter Pan's flight. We loved this ride!!

After that I have no idea what we did! This day was a blur! I can't find the missing pictures but that night we had an early dinner at Crystal Palace with Winnie the pooh and the gang. It was fun and the kids LOVED the character meals! We called it an early night, we had a long week ahead of us and we wanted a good nights sleep.

Our first day was awesome but the trip only went up from here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment